June 30, 2011

The Party Train, Preface - "Art Imitating Life"

     This next one is actually something I wrote in the beginning of 2010 as a stageplay, which was produced as a part of WPI's New Voices 28 festival.  Some minor alterations have been made, but the story itself is unchanged.

     As much as I'd love to take credit for coming up with this series of unfortunate events, this story is actually based on a completely true story of what happened to me and my two best friends one spring night in 2008.  Any bits that aren't true are either misremembered bits (one detail of Alex Mantel's story has been fixed) or tweaked to help the story (Rob Pulley was actually two people: the one at the party, and the one with the same name as Rob Desrosiers).  And actually, as of now (two and a half years later) those were the only two untrue portions of the whole story.

     Punchline?  The person who inspired Mae Plantz has a best friend who was my landlord's daughter and previous tenant two years ago.  Awkward.

     And no I won't say on this blog who is who in real life.  Do the homework if you really wanna know.  Cheers!

d

No comments:

Post a Comment